Chat Log – April 12, 2022

Home AnCan Forums Multiple Sclerosis Chat Log – April 12, 2022

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rick Davis

Chat Log
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:36 PM: @Jon is your bandana from walk ms?
      Jon (to Everyone): 7:36 PM: It is not. I just wanted something orange I can throw on. Amazon has everything.
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:37 PM: ah! i have my first ms walk at the end of the month and i want the bandana!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:38 PM: i got excited but yours is purty!!! 😀
      Jon (to Everyone): 7:38 PM: It sure is bright tho
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 7:38 PM: I do like your bandana Jon!
      Jon (to Everyone): 7:39 PM: Oh yeah, my hair hangs over my eyes. Kim, you inspired the bandana.
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 7:39 PM: Awww….. I have an orange sweatshirt I can switch out
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:39 PM: name on a porta potty bc you are the ISH!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:43 PM: youre doing great kim!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:47 PM: i vacuumed the apartment the other day and almost died!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:47 PM: my hands hurt so bad after
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:48 PM: and we live in a society that prioritizes and values physical ability
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:50 PM: and we mourn our old lives
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 7:56 PM: it’s a never ending cascade of grief as I keep losing more function
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 8:06 PM: I did the prednisone by mouth a few months ago. I was so wired and got nothing
      done.
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:10 PM: So since I am possibly experiencing a flare-up in my left arm and since my
      CIS will more than likely turn to Relapse Remitting, should I possibly expect steriod infusion or tablets? Last time I
      took steroids was when I got married in 2013 and I was moving at 20000%
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 8:12 PM: my md is waiting for the results of my mri to see if I in a flare. may need
      steroids if I am.
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 8:12 PM: my mri was pushed up because I am having new symptoms.
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:12 PM: Hoping good news for you Tiffany, I am in that waiting period as well
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:12 PM: Tim, if they think you are still having a flare, they will probably give
      solumedrol, the IV type unless it doesn’t work for you
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:13 PM: Cool cool, last time I had steroids was prednisone for a strained back so this
      would be a new thing for me
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:14 PM: be prepared to not be able to sleep for awhile if they give you a 1000mg IV
      dose
      holly (to Everyone): 8:14 PM: maybe were there is so many people ask everyone to use the raise your hand
      button and have monitors call on them.
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:14 PM: I am a twin dad sleep happend back in 2013
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:14 PM: lol
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 8:16 PM: Soliel was here before — not her first time Kim
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:16 PM: Karen, I have cog issues… lol
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 8:19 PM: I agree with holly about seeing if there is an option to raise your hand. it is hard
      to speak sometimes.
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:21 PM: i am not seeing a “raise your hand” function on this platform. Does it not
      exist or am I blind tonight?
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:21 PM: i dont see it either
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 8:22 PM: I have something to share about home modification

Amanda (to Everyone): 8:23 PM: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-raise-my-hand-during-a-
      meeting

Amanda (to Everyone): 8:23 PM: Hand raising is currently only available in the Web App or the GoTo app. The
      organizer needs to be hosting from one of these methods in order for attendees to see the feature.
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:23 PM: I hope you have a good evening! thanks for joining us tonight
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:25 PM: So how do I access the app on a laptop? Don’t have hubs here tonight to
      help me out.
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:25 PM: got to switch the laundry to the dryer, I am still here just being a Papa bear
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:25 PM: im researching
      Beth Carrigan (to Everyone): 8:27 PM: Hi Mike!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:27 PM: i downloaded the app and still dont see.. whomp whomp
      Roni Benscher (to Everyone): 8:28 PM: just had bathroom railngs installed. Not easy but very helpful
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:29 PM: i have two topics whenever we get a chance
      Jon (to Everyone): 8:29 PM: If your couch/chairs/bed is too low and you struggle to get up, my guy suggested
      getting risers.
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:30 PM: Amanda, well that is frusterating on the app part.
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:31 PM: Hey Jon, I think I heard you say something about Zoloft and steroids, mind if I
      ask about that interaction or if I am wrong in hearing the zoloft connection
      Jon (to Everyone): 8:33 PM: Emotional extremes got more extreme and they blew in and out like the wind on a
      lake.
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 8:33 PM: Ran I was horrified when I had tub handrail installed. I thought it
      defaced the pretty tile. Now so glad to have them.

Amanda (to Everyone): 8:33 PM: ive always needed an excuse for a trampoline!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:35 PM: Lol say less!
      Jon (to Everyone): 8:35 PM: Sorrrrryyyyy
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:35 PM: Thanks for sharing Jon, appreciate it since I am on Zoloft and if I gotta get
      steroids just want to be prepared
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:37 PM: that was soooo helpful!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:37 PM: thanks for sharing!
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 8:37 PM: I was told to urinate every two hours on demand.. you know I am a proud
      success story for Transcutaneous tibial nerve stimulation home treatment for urinary incontinence. Ask your
      urologist about it.
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:38 PM: Amanda I think she wanted me to wait at least 3 hours between voids
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:38 PM: okay. i think im doing too much “just in case” so that was helpful advice. i will
      look to see if i can get a referral
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:39 PM: thats what the trial was for @Karen
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:39 PM: i was interested just not in the area
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:39 PM: Amanda, please get the referral. You will thank me later!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:40 PM: “my pharmacist recommended this” 🙂
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:41 PM: lol
      Roni Benscher (to Everyone): 8:43 PM: Love how everyone is shaking their head in agreement
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:43 PM: <3
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 8:43 PM: Now I gotta pee... be right back lol
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:47 PM: As I like to say this too shall pass, like a kidney stone
      Jon (to Everyone): 8:48 PM: Tim, I have had a 6mm and 11mm removed.
      Jon (to Everyone): 8:48 PM: This year. Haha
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:49 PM: I have 3 right now, have had 4 removed in the past 4 years, not fun stuff I feel
      ya man
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:51 PM: Any other topics you would like to discuss tonight?
      Louie (to Everyone): 8:53 PM: I have a screenshot of my MRI on my phone
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:54 PM: my other thing was how do you deal with overstimulation but its not super
      important
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:54 PM: we can continue this convo
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 8:55 PM: My next tattoo are the lessions in my brain, cervial and thoracic spine
      Andrea Nameth (to Everyone): 8:55 PM: @Amanda, I use mindfulness and meditation
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:55 PM: im trying to do that more
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:56 PM: i have a day full of meetings tomorrow and im dreading it. my ears will be
      ringing from the stimulation
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 8:56 PM: How often do you get MRI?
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:56 PM: i will try to meditate in between. thanks @Andrea!
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:56 PM: I get an MRI yearly Karen
      Andrea Nameth (to Everyone): 8:56 PM: Every minute you can, close your eyes and try to relax
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:57 PM: sure
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:59 PM: cooling vest?!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:59 PM: shall i whip out my link?! 😀
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 8:59 PM: Colleen - thermapparel check them out
      Louie (to Everyone): 8:59 PM: yes please I already lost the link Amanda lol
      Amanda (to Everyone): 8:59 PM: https://mymsaa.org/msaa-help/cooling-products/
      Roni Benscher (to Everyone): 9:00 PM: REI has bandanas that can be frozen or dipped in cold water. Only
      lats for an hour but it's a quick fix
      Karen Broder (to Everyone): 9:00 PM: thermapparel funded by MS foundation same thing?
      Amanda (to Everyone): 9:01 PM: im working on compiling all the resources we have discussed (that i can
      remember). if you have any other recommendations you can email me at agrego925@gmail.com and i will add to
      my list
      AnCan - rick (to Everyone): 9:01 PM: Embr .....wrist strap https://embrlabs.com
      Kim Stroeh (to Everyone): 9:01 PM: Karen... yes

Amanda (to Everyone): 9:01 PM: https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjg6cDv-
      I_3AhWHjcgKHQdWBQMYABADGgJxdQ&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESbeD2JX7RSwlHxFGA5Ag16-

WHo80hjOg6mNDu-_fWwtjP43GNLoTjqN7qSMtC04HswCxeIwHzTI6tA-1myAmgm015LXSGW77ajxlhooODv-
      2oPyOEfaeOo1H2VtDUHPL8h1bva-
      2nJXY4G2ptmns&sig=AOD64_0yFIr3WGVO8Uqfgsa8cNZISYHDkg&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwjh07bv-
      I_3AhX4knIEHZDzC7AQ0Qx6BAgFEAE&dct=1

Amanda (to Everyone): 9:03 PM: Rick this is phenomenal!!
      Tim Brien (to Everyone): 9:03 PM: Awesome info tonight folks again, I am fading fast take care and see you all
      in 2 Weeks
      Jon (to Everyone): 9:03 PM: I am heading towards bed time. Everyone have a great night!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 9:04 PM: great discussion! thanks for sharing everyone!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 9:06 PM: $50 off
      Amanda (to Everyone): 9:07 PM: theres a payment plan too

holly (to Everyone): 9:08 PM: thank you everyone, have a great night
      Amanda (to Everyone): 9:08 PM: my computer is dying so im gonna log off
      Louie (to Everyone): 9:25 PM: I think I'm gonna sign off for the night, it was nice seeing y'all!
      Andrea Nameth (to Everyone): 9:25 PM: Have a happy night
      Louie (to Everyone): 9:28 PM: Thank you, good night!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.