MS Meeting 6/28/20 Chat Log

Home AnCan Forums Multiple Sclerosis MS Meeting 6/28/20 Chat Log

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rick Davis

Continuation of June 28 Chat Log … https://youtu.be/bgI7lRGGM7c

Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 6:43 PM: https://www.dyslexiefont.com/ That font has really helped me read.
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 6:46 PM: With my job and I have cognitive issues I have to reset myself and whether i have to use more post it notes to reorganize what I need to do … and sometimes I reorganize all the time but like Kim said I have to let things go that I can not control
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:47 PM: finding new ways to do things
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 6:47 PM: yaaas amanda!
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:47 PM: I am a staff educator so I do orientation. My word finding is worse when I am with people I don’t know or when I am stressed. It makes orientation fun. Thankfully I explain and everyone gets it.
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:49 PM: i had a meeting with one of our execs yesterday and i couldnt find the simplest words. i was so embarrassed.
      Christy M (to Everyone): 6:49 PM: That is amazing Tiffany! Glad that you get surrounded by people that understand!
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 6:49 PM: Oh no. Amanda, I am so sorry about that
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:50 PM: it is okay. i did the best i could and i added an new “ask/phrase” to my pre-meeting requirements
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:50 PM: That is embarrassing, sorry you had to go through that.
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 6:50 PM: I had to teach a first Aid and CPR class last week I BOMBED it ugh I could not think of anything …embarrassed to the max
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:50 PM: i need questions upfront so i am ready to answer them and i can think items through and draft answers
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:51 PM: I am the same way. Work wanted me to speak at a CNA graduation and I had to turn it down because I just couldn’t speak without prep.
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:52 PM: use Babble! all the podcasts have coupon codes for it lol
      Kim (to Everyone): 6:53 PM: does any one read and listen to audio at the same time?
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:53 PM: i like using closed captioning for audio
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:53 PM: I did that in college to help with focus, I have ADHD too. It helps.
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:54 PM: like items for work if i have to watch a video i need the captions
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 6:54 PM: I found a way so the cases I have to infestigate and review the program will read it back to me … that also another way to help with my comprehension and cognitve issues.
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:54 PM: I use the closed caption for work videos too.
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 6:56 PM: Amanda, I am going to come over and lock your CC on Comic Sans.
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:56 PM: comic sans?? sounds tricky.. or do you think this helps? im more of a calibri kinda girl
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 6:57 PM: Fancy !!!
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:58 PM: Therapy and medication.
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 6:58 PM: MY MEDS work great for my depression and anxiety I was the WOO of my old job and even speaking to people or being in a crowded room was a struggle
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:58 PM: samesies : meds and therapy and a routine
      Kim (to Everyone): 6:58 PM: Way to be amazing in the chat tonight y’all! 🙂
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 6:59 PM: My NP just added an as needed anxiety medication to help when it is out of my control.
      Kim (to Everyone): 6:59 PM: That’s awesome Tiffany!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 6:59 PM: to summarize the theme of group today: go smoke? (if you want) 😀
      Kim (to Everyone): 7:00 PM: and self-compassion Amanda. 🙂
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 7:00 PM: Smoke em if you wanna
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 7:00 PM: Christy Positive self talk is wonderful as well .. Like Amina said Meditation absolutly my life saver
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:00 PM: that too! be nice to yourself while you contemplate smoking
      Kim (to Everyone): 7:01 PM: lol
      Tiffany (to Everyone): 7:02 PM: Have a good night everyone.
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:03 PM: night!
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 7:03 PM: Check out the Spoon theory Christy its a great way to explain to friends and family members about our enery levels
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:03 PM: spoonies unite!!!
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 7:03 PM: Spoonies Unite Dangit
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:03 PM: JON!!!! 😀
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 7:03 PM: 😀
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 7:04 PM: thank goodness my husband in a chef and he brought me some extra spoons home
      Kim (to Everyone): 7:04 PM: That’s a great book idea
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 7:04 PM: I thought that was the most romantic thing I have heard for a while lol
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:08 PM: i am getting sleepy and will need to go soon…
      Jon “Is really tired” Shoes (to Everyone): 7:08 PM: Night everyone. Take care and see you soon.
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 7:08 PM: by spoonie
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:09 PM: wanted to share resource that we can tallk more about next time
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK2XQBFMu28ci4EtaNtKL_UDoN7g_eAcG0C5nVVguqw/edit#gid=1497017205
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:09 PM: ive been trying to write down all the stuff we talk about in group
      AnCan – rick (to Everyone): 7:12 PM: EMBr Wave 2 …. ANCAN50 is the discount code https://embrlabs.com/products/embr-wave-2
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:17 PM: its like a tamagotchithank you!
      Jennifer (to Everyone): 7:20 PM: NAMaste!
      Amanda (to Everyone): 7:22 PM: i love making MS friends!! @carmen

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Rick Davis.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.